|BAN plays a supportive role to audit firms and their small and medium clients, particularly where:
||COSTS BECOMES AN ISSUE FOR YOUR CLIENT AND RETAINING THESE CLIENTS BECOMES A CHALLENGE
||YOUR FIRM HAS CLIENT ACCOUNTING WORK OVERFLOWS
||YOUR FIRM HAS PROBLEMS ATTRACTING AND RETAINING SUITABLY EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTING STAFF
Business Accounting Network (BAN) is neither a corporate entity nor a partnership. BAN, is a franchise of home based self-employed bookkeepers and accountants, who specialise in providing bookkeeping and accounting services at cost effective rates to assist the audit profession. We currently provide a professional service to some of the top registered audit firms in Cape Town.
BAN's reputation has been built on integrity, trust, professionalism and outstanding levels of personal client service. BAN franchisees share one common objective that is to ensure absolute client satisfaction.
HOW BUSINESS ACCOUNTING NETWORK CAN ASSIST YOUR FIRM
Trained in the auditing and accounting profession, our home based, single operator franchisees specialise in specific areas of accounting practice, collectively networking a broad range of skills.
- Bookkeeping and accounting;
- Setting-up accounting systems and controls;
- Specialise in preparation of monthly or bi-monthly management accounts;
- Preparation, completion and submission of monthly and annual
statutory returns, e.g. VAT, PAYE (EMP201), IRP5, EMP501, etc.;
- Business plans;
- Pastel sales, support, installation and set-up of the full Pastel
accounting range and customised individual training;
- Training your clients' staff in basic bookkeeping functions, statutory compliance and administrative tasks;
- Preparation of annual working paper files (accounting sections only) for registered audit firms.
TYPICAL PROFILE OF OUR FRANCHISEES
- Our franchisees have all trained as either an articled clerk or worked within the client accounting department of a medium to large audit firm for at least 5 years;
- Most franchisees have a relevant degree or accounting diploma;
- They are computer literate, particularly with Excel and accounting and payroll software programmes, i.e. Pastel, Pastel Payroll, etc.;
- They share the franchise’s passion for bookkeeping, accounting and higher level accounting services;
- Our franchisees are self-employed, yet also show the ability and willingness to be a team player;
- They are energetic self-starters with a professional approach to business;
- Our franchisees are people-orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Highly disciplined;
- They are able to organise, prioritise and execute actions timeously;
- All franchisees are diligent and willing to put in extra hours when required to meet monthly and annual deadlines for a varied client portfolio.
WHAT PREVENTS BUSINESS ACCOUNTING NETWORK ASSOCIATES FROM POACHING YOUR CLIENTS?
- BAN franchisees only provide an accounting support service to the clients of registered auditing firms;
- We do not provide taxation services, company secretarial services, auditing, financial services, etc.;
- We do not market clients directly but only accept instructions and referrals from the auditing firms/accounting officers;
- In terms of BAN's legal (franchise) agreement, chartered accountants are excluded from membership of the franchise and neither can franchisees practice as accounting officers.
- Franchisees are governed by a strict Code of Conduct and Legal Agreement. The BAN franchisor will exercise its right to institute legal proceedings against any franchisee who contravenes their contractual obligations